Sunday, March 05, 2006

Tch tch Sachin-Laxman

If I am not mistaken natural light conditions, in sub continental India during the afternoon can only deteriorate over time. So ,when light was offered to Sachin and Laxman did they have to take it. Could they not, have played a few more overs and who knows a 20:20 like game could have made this Nagpur Test historic.
In case the wickets fell, the batsman could then have taken the “bad light” route. Was it the decision of the duo on the field or had Dravid-Chappel instructed Laxman. Surely, the team management are better tacticians than that.

I am sure no other Indian Captain but for Rahul Dravid would have taken the bold decision to press for victory inspite of the conditions. So, I am flummoxed by the “bad light” choice.

Or am I totally mistaken with the light rule. Is it like if you donot take it if offered you can’t choose the excuse at your convenience.

Psst : In a match in Dhaka, Md. Azhauddin had played on despite pathetic light conditions to win the OD match.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

1. I totally agree with your first para..

2. In para 2, there are 2 things, I beg to differ. The first one being the fact that the team management has better tacticians - yes, sure, tacticians( off field & controversial ) all right.. but they are inexperienced.. Chappel has no Intl coaching experience( and I’m not aware of the bad light rules wen he played) and my friend rahul is only a few tests old.. the second thing.. ……………………………….......... Our captain today said during presentation that may be he should have “ given it a go” 40 minutes earlier.. so any decision time barred is by no means BOLD.. In fact it shows that he had been playing for a draw all through the day.. which by no means, pawan, is a bold decision.. so please correct it.. And………….. I know a person who lead India, not tooooooooooo long ago, called Sourav Ganguly, who would have taken a true bold decision..

3. And I have problem with your example.. In the match in Dhaka, the important innings was that of Sourav than Azhar.. I even remember him standing ground till the paks came back.. I even remember his face then.. If I’m not wrong he was the top scorer and azhar and gangs got out immeadiately.. But however their stand was important. So pawan, please give the man his dues atleast for what he did. Mention his name as well..

How did you like the post ?