Monday, March 06, 2006

Questions that I want to ask but dunno whom to ask ?

Questions that I want to ask but dunno whom to ask ?

The Justice U C Banerjee report claims that ‘of the 250 passengers in the (S -6) coach , 59 died and the rest escaped: “ How could it happen if the entry doors were locked?” (Hindu Edit 7 Mar 2006)

I have travelled by the Indian Railways, predominantly by sleeper class. The Letter ‘S’ is in Railway parlance, I suppose, used as a prefix to denote the 3 tier sleeper. That , I suppose further, makes the ill-fated S-6 a three-tier sleeper coach.

The coaches that I have travelled in South India (Nope, I have not travelled much in North India and not at all in Gujarat) could carry 72 passengers in 3 tier sleepers and much less in higher classes.

The second class sitting coaches, I am told can carry a maximum of 108 ppassengers.

This gyaan begs me to know as to why the coaches that can carry 250 persons in compartment not been introduced in South India. Why Southern Railways must be given such step-motherly treatment. Should not more South Indians travel?

That’s enough of me being selfish. Now, that an “accident” has taken place (Nobody seems to know what accident took place much less how) should not the Railways reprimand itself for building unsafe coached that can carry 250. I forthwith demand the withdrawal of all coaches built and being used that can carry 250 passengers. If that is not done, such coaches must be used all over India so that all Indians can benefit from them.
I demand to know, through, the Right to Information Act the number of three-tier coaches that exist of such capacity.

If the honourable Mr. Banerjee and armchair (air-conditioned, I may add) Editors of newspaper ever travel in a fully occupied compartment meant for 72, and then imagine 250 on board the same compartment…

3 comments:

Unknown said...

the questions raised by you are right but,who will answer

Vegetarian Hunter said...

I think you can get close to 130 passengers.. The only coach that comes close to having 250 passengers on board were the ones used to take the jews to the concentration camps during world war II.. I dont know how such a jam packed coach had place for gas cylinders & stoves which, they say could be the cause for the so called accidental fire? Any way lets wait for the courts to decide..

Unknown said...

yes iam romp ganesh

How did you like the post ?